Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More babies

I've been kind of out of touch with the online world for a few days. We took a somewhat spontaneous road trip to NYC area/NJ last Thursday. We drove straight through (24 hours ;)) there and back. But, I didn't get home until about 4:30am Monday morning since we had a break down in Illinois. Good times though, praise the Lord.

The babies eyes were all open when I got home and they had grown so much. Cori's babies have amazing point color. There is one in particular and I'd bet it's got a double dose of the pointed white gene, since it's color is soooo much darker than Cori's other PW's and Kaylee's PW's.

Okay, so the color record for all the litters is . . .

Kaylee - 4 pointed whites, 2 sables
Molly - all self chocolates (5)
Megan - 1 ST black steel, 1 ST seal steel, and 1 black
Cori - 3 pointed whites, 1 REW
Amanda - 2 broken ST black steels and 1 broken ST sable steel
Kadence - 2 broken chinchillas and 2 solid chestnut agoutis

Britney's due date was this Friday, the 23rd, but she kindled 2 days early. She had a litter of 5 in her box this morning when I checked on her. I think she must've just finished having the babies because they were pretty slow moving at first. One died shortly after it was born, but the other 4 look great. There are several brokens and maybe a solid. Not totally sure. They'll either be chocolates or lilacs, since she was bred to Brad. Should be able to tell more-so tomorrow.

Jana & Nicole both palpate positive. They are due the 14th & 16th of May. Then that's all the litters I'll have for a bit. All my does but 3 will be on litters. I think that's plenty . . . 9 litters to be exact. I have quite a few people waiting for babies and certain colors out of these litters. So, I'll do my best to keep y'all updated. If you don't hear from me, check the blog or send me an email to see what's up ;).

I should be getting individual pictures of the first 4 litters I had born early next week. They will be 3 weeks old the end of this week. So, it'll be time to sex them and take new pictures. In the meantime, I will try to get some other pictures, but we'll see how the days go ;).

The weather has been so beautiful lately! Everything is leafed out and GREEN. So pretty!

Photobucket

0 comments: